Monday, August 31, 2015

First Day of First Grade

Somehow this summer completely FLEW by, and the first day of school was here before I hardly knew it.
Monkey bread is a breakfast that Grace requests from time to time, so we made it for her as a special first day treat. Grace and Bethany were so excited to eat one of their favorite breakfasts!
 


I almost teared up helping Grace get ready this morning. She suddenly seemed SO tall, as if she'd transformed into a big first grader overnight! I just couldn't believe the 6 year old vision in front of me, all ready to go to school for her first day.


She anxiously waited for the bus, asking again and again why it wasn't here yet. ;)

And when the bus finally came, and she had serenely watched it pull up and heard Travis and I say our final "I love you's", she was off--confidently running to her old bus driver and a whole new year.
 
Grace and her bus driver April.

I was just so impressed with her this morning--at her confidence and maturity. She was ready for it. She reported that she had a great first day, and I hope the rest of her first grade year will be just as wonderful!
 
And since I haven't posted a picture of all our sweet girls in a long time, here is a picture of all them in matching dresses from this past Sunday:
(Bethany, Kaylee, Cambree, Grace)

No comments: