Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Night with Richard Paul Evans

So a couple of months ago, I saw a flyer for "An Evening with Richard Paul Evans" at our local library and I thought "Hey, I've never read any of his books, but my mom loves him; I should go to this in honor of her." Well, fast forward a couple weeks, and I've decided "Might as well read one of his books so I have something intelligent to say if I talk to him." So I got a copy of his first book, "The Christmas Box," from the library and loved it. Anxious to read more, I then read his "Christmas Box Miracle," and then "The Timepeice" and "The Letter" (the other two books in the Christmas Box Trilogy). As you can probably guess, by the time the event came around, I was a devoted fan, and was now very eager to meet my new favorite author!

It was a great event!
First, RPE (my nickname for Richard Paul Evans =) ) took our picture so he could post it on Facebook (there were about 200 of us fans there, and if you go to his fan facebook page, you might just be able to pick me out of the crowd in the picture he's taking here!).


Then RPE talked for an hour and a half about his journey as an author, things that he's learned along the way, and his upcoming works. After that, he did a quick Q&A (and I got to ask him a question!).


And finally, we headed to another room for the book signing.
After RPE signed my books (one for me, one for my mom), I got a picture with him...

...and since the girl who took our picture didn't like it, I got another!


I loved getting the opportunity to meet and talk with RPE. He was very genuine, and was really great with us fans. His books are truly inspired, and I'm so excited to read more of them!

1 comment:

Jami said...

I read The Sunflower the day my mom left me after moving me to college. I felt so lonely, didn't know anyone, none of my roommates were there yet, and all I had was the book. Whenever I think of him or his books, I think of that time when I was alone but not completely. I don't remember what the book was about, though.

That's cool you got to meet him and got not only one but TWO pictures with him :)