Thursday, September 15, 2011

31 Weeks

It's funny how the 3rd trimester can feel so fast and so slow all at the same time. On one hand, I can't believe that in less than 9 weeks, our baby girl will be here. And on the other, 2 months feels SO long to wait! Either way, you know you're getting close when complete strangers start asking you when you're due. ;)

Here's me at 31 weeks:


I went to the Dr. today and everything is looking good--the baby has a strong heartbeat and I'm measuring just about where I should be. According to "What to Expect," our baby girl is clocking in at 3 + pounds this week and around 18 inches long! Crazy! Baby girl isn't kicking so much these days as she is STRETCHING and rolling over, which I'm grateful for since those kicks are getting painful (though the stretching and rolling isn't comfortable either)! She is a low rider (unlike Grace), which my ribs are very thankful for, but my pelvis and lower stomach are not. Sometimes I really feel that this baby is going to either drop out of me at any second or pop out of my stomach (thank goodness for cervix's and skin right?)! But, the Dr. tells me that "dropped" babies are typical for second pregnancies, and so I'm just hoping that this means that baby girl will decide to show up a couple days early (not too soon, mind you, but don't you think a couple days early would be nice?). ;) All in all, those discomforts are really all I can complain about besides the usual waking up 5-10 times a night (but what can ya do, right?). This pregnancy really has been so much nicer than the last!
Well, 'til the next check-up...

1 comment:

Jami said...

How exciting! You look beautiful, Jenny, and I can only imagine how anxious you are to meet the little one. "Waking up 5-10 times a night"?! Miserable! Is this typical for most women? (As you can guess, I know nothing about pregnancy and childbirth.)

Crossing my fingers that these next few weeks go by quickly and that the birth goes smoothly!