Saturday, September 7, 2013

More Garden Fun

I'd had a craving to take the girls back to Fellows Riverside since we had visited the family gardens there a few weeks ago, and today was the perfect time to go!
 
I have to pause to document this important milestone--Bethany's first ponytail. ;) Isn't it adorable? And it makes her look like such a big girl (which of course I have mixed feelings about)!

I knew the fountain would be a favorite for Grace and came prepared with pennies for the girls to toss in. Here's Grace throwing in her first penny:

Pretty preschooler:

After the fountain, we explored!



We took time to "smell the roses" ;) in the rose garden and it was HEAVENLY! It was fun to note the different degrees of floral and perfume scents in each rose too.

I loved this rose--the shapes of the petals and how open it was.

Posing for a picture by the lookout:

Another thing I knew Grace would love: the bottle tree in the herb garden:

Bethany thought this red flower was a bug, and couldn't help but inspect further. That girl loves her bugs. :)


A pretty lily:

I just happened to notice this cool slug on our walk in the Ohio Woodland garden. Awesome, huh?! Grace found lots of "magical treasures" (sticks, rocks, and leaves) in this little garden too.

My little hiker. The girls love "hiking" with sticks!


Travis said "Say Cheese!" and Bethany actually said it for this picture! Adorable!


I love these little flowers too. It's like they're their own little bouquet!

One more visit to the fountain to throw in their last penny. This picture melts my heart.


Thought these huge leaves were so neat:

Grace wanted to touch the slimy rocks in the flower fountain:

We finished off our visit by a quick walk around the family garden.

My king in his throne. :)

With the princesses.

Love this tender moment:

Bethany loved the little windmills!

Isn't this flower the neatest?! It looks just like coral!

Bethany discovered this little eggplant. Why are little things so cute?!

I LOVE Bethany in these glasses. Makes me laugh every time!

We had such a great morning there and can't wait to explore it again with grammy and poppy!

No comments: