Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Getting festive for Halloween

My mom is huge on decorating for the
holidays, so with halloween drawing
near, it just didn't feel right to not decorate
our apartment. So I went to Walmart with
Travis' sister, got some decorations, and
me and Travis finished putting them up
last night.
For some strange reason, only one of the pictures
we took of the decorations would download, so
I'll try to post the rest of them later.

We love our little apartment. It's becoming
more and more a "home."



P.S. Do any of you married people realize more and
more how much you are (becoming) like your
parents? Not only do I have to decorate like my
mom used to but...my dad has to have candy corn
every halloween, and now I'm addicted to that too.
Never before did I need to have more than a handful
of candy corn, but now I HAVE to have it on hand (it is
what is in the little white bowl above--and it's our
second bag!) Maybe we're all just prone to want what
we're used to or to traditions. Either way, it makes me
chuckle.

4 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

I too love decorating. Believe it or not though, it gets harder with kids...isn't that when it should be EASIER?? :)
And yes, it is funny how we become like our parents. Guess that just means they did lots of things right~!

Rachel Holloway said...

I too love decorating. Believe it or not though, it gets harder with kids...isn't that when it should be EASIER?? :)
And yes, it is funny how we become like our parents. Guess that just means they did lots of things right~!

David and Anita Holloway said...

Dad Holloway considers it a great compliment that you are discovering that you are a lot like your parents. We arte not that bad of people afterall!!

Anonymous said...

Mom Holloway loves to hear you are big on traditions. Traditions and sharing them with loved ones day after day, year after year are the substance of relationships.