Thursday, May 1, 2008

Baby Blues

As most of you know, we took a pregnancy test back in March or something and it was positive... But today we went to the doctor for the first ultrasound and saw that a "baby-sac" was there but it was empty. This is called a blighted ovum and it means we're not really having a baby. We are heartbroken, but we know there's nothing we could have done to prevent it and there's nothing we can do now. All it means is that our child isn't ready to come to Earth yet. Thank you all for your love, support and prayers.

5 comments:

Cassie and Mark said...

I am so sorry. I admire your positive attitudes in the midst of sadness. Please know our thoughts and prayers are with you both.

jmholloway said...

I know how hard it is to have your hopes up and then have them crushed. I also admire your positive outlook on this, you obviously have a strong testimony of our Heavenly Father's plan. You and Travis are in our prayers. We love y'all.

Mindi :)

Rachel Holloway said...

Jenny--I didn't forget about you! I have been swamped, but thinking of you every spare minute!

My heart just breaks for you! What a difficult thing to find out--but you ARE so positive and amazing...and when you finally do have that little baby it will be THAT MUCH MORE rewarding!!

Until then, I have 3 little babies you can borrow for a week! :) Can't wait to see you--

Richard and McKenna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Richard and McKenna said...

Jenny, I am so sorry for you. My heart breaks for you. I know it hurts very badly. But through my experience with miscarriages, it helps so much to know what you said-that baby did exactly what it was supposed to do and now it is back where it is supposed to be. Trust in the Lord and stay close to him. He loves you so much and knows what you are going through. It helps me to pray very hard for comfort whenever I start to get sad again. He will be there for you. We will keep you and Travis in our prayers and please know that if you ever need to talk at all, please email me (richrose05@gmail.com). We love you.