Monday, January 12, 2009

Update

News from us for today:
I just went to my monthly checkup with my OBGYN, and everything is looking good. My belly is measuring at 23 cm, which is right on for being 23 weeks along (a cm per week, cool huh?). Also, they listened in on the baby's heart beat, and everything sounds good there too. I met the other Dr. at our clinic for the first time at this appointment as well, and he seems soft-spoken, but very knowledgeable and nice. The only "bad" news from the appointment was that he informed me that this (the sixth) is generally the last "good" month--and that for the last 3 months of pregnancy, I will get to experience all sorts of new pain and discomforts (giving me the slightly pained and glazed over look that many full fledged preggo's have)--wahoo! But for now, all seems and feels well. =) Another fun new thing is that our baby has been moving and kicking LOTS, and more strongly, the past 3 days. (For the past month or so, I've felt her everyday, but only a couple of times each day.) So, Travis might actually (finally) get to feel her move one of these days! =)
Speaking of Travis, he just started his LAST SEMESTER last Wednesday, and so far is enjoying his classes and doing well. It seems like this semester won't be as busy (aka as full of homework and tests) as the last few semesters, which will be really nice (especially as I'll be at home all day every day preparing for our baby girl and for our move in June, so I'll definitely be appreciating any extra help I can get from him and especially more time to spend together). He's still working at Great Harvest twice a week, and is enjoying that too.
And THAT is the latest from us. =)

3 comments:

Cassie and Mark said...

It sounds like you three are doing well. Good luck with the transition to staying home, and feel free to give me a call if you get bored.

Leanna said...

Just curious who the soft-spoken doctor was.

I am so excited for you, and I am glad to hear that everything is going so well!

Leanna said...

Dr. Lovell was the one who delivered Hazel. You might remember me telling you I went to Madison's, but then I went into labor on the weekend when Dr. Lovell was on-call. I REALLY liked him, and I think I can honestly say I was glad I didn't have one of my regular doctors there. He was just really grandfatherly, kind, and capable. But I'm sure whoever you get at your delivery will be just fine. =D