Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Baby Update--Week 24

Where's our baby at for Week 24? Well, "at a weight of 1 1/2 pounds and a length of about 8 1/2 inches, our baby has outgrown the fruit references and is now the size of a standard letter (but would take a lot more than a standard stamp to mail). Baby's weekly weight gain is now about 6 ounces...much of that weight is coming from accumulating baby fat, as well as from growing organs, bones, and muscle. By now, our baby's tiny face is almost fully formed, and achingly adorable--complete with a full set of eyelashes and eyebrows and a good sprinkling of hair on her head (which is currently snow white, since there's no pigment in her hair just yet)."
It's been fun to day dream about what she'll look like when she comes--likely a blondie, but will she have Travis' or my eyes? And whose nose? And will she be a bitty thing like all her little cousins? Well, we'll know for sure in just 3 1/2 more months!
And to build off of what I said in my last picture update, our little girl continues to kick--a lot. I think she might have had the hiccups the other day too, because it felt like she was both kicking and punching at the same time, in really close intervals, for several minutes yesterday morning. (I was bummed that Travis had already left for school, because there was NO WAY that he could have missed any of these little movements!)
In other baby news, we recently recieved some super cute baby clothes from my mom and our friend Shantyl--thanks guys!--and are thus (already) slowly beginning to build a little wardrobe for our little one (she's going to need her own dresser drawer soon!). (Sorry, no pictures, so you'll just have to come visit us to see them!)
And, for my mom, here is a picture of me at 5 1/2 months (the last one was at 5). Both Travis and Shantyl remarked to me the other day that there's no doubting that I'm pregnant now--I've got a definite baby belly (and after you see these pictures, you'll probably agree)! It's also starting to FEEL like a bonafide baby belly too!

(I couldn't decide which picture showed off the belly better, so I posted both! Thanks Travis for taking these for me!)

Well, there you have it for now. =) We go to the Dr. again on February 9th, so I'll have some more "official" updates for you then!

7 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Hey Jenny! YOU LOOK GREAT! I totally wish I was going to see you before you have that wee little one so I could do some maternity pics for you! Darn it!!

We have a present for you that we were going to send back with Dave and Anita. I want you to see it SO BAD that I might actually put it in the mail.... :)

The Martins said...

Jenny! You are such a cute pregnant girl! That's so exciting that you can feel her kicking more and more! What a fun time!

Cassie and Mark said...

Super cute shirt! You look so good!

jmholloway said...

You look great! I wish I was a cute little pregnant girl.

To answer your question, I have a stationary bike that I use about 30-40 minutes a day. Sometimes I substitute it with a work-out video. It just depends on my timing with the girls. I also am watching my portions and what I choose to eat and when. It is really hard, but worth it I think. Hopefully it will help me to keep it up after David gets here. You will be surprised how much you can do while you are pregnant, expecially if you are working out and in shape. Good luck!

Mindi :)

Susan said...

Funny Story last night I was working at Syringa Hospital here in Grangeville and the secretary asked me if I knew Travis and Bart she went to high school with them. Here name is Dana Curtis sound familiar, Travis? She was telling about the time she went to a stake dance in Lewiston with you guys and you tried to sneak out to McDonalds and got caught. We are glad to hear your pregnancy is going so well.

Lacy said...

you sure know alot about the progress of your little letter. You will be a great mom.

Chippy said...

You are so pretty! I miss you like crazy and wish I could be there to share in your awesome-ness.