Thursday, January 8, 2009

Another Landmark

Today marks only FOUR MONTHS LEFT of pregnancy! Wow! I know that that's still a ways, but it's beginning to feel so close! And tomorrow, I enter MONTH 6 of pregnancy. Crazy.
But for now, an update for Week 22: "This week, we're talking a whopping weight of 1 pound and a length of nearly 8 inches, about the size of a small doll. But your doll is a living one--with developing senses, including touch, sight, hearing, and taste. What's your baby hearing? The sound of your voice and that of your husband, your heart beating, and just about everything else. And what's your baby tasting? Prettying much everything you're tasting (so pass the salad)." It's so crazy to think how in touch our baby is with the outside world now--can't wait to meet her!
My mom requested that I post pictures of my belly as it grows, so here is my belly at 5 months:

It looks so big, and yet I feel so small still. But I know that won't last for long. =)

And, KMart was having an after Christmas sale on baby clothes a couple of weeks ago, and we couldn't resist getting a thing or two, so I thought I'd share what we got (because little girls clothes are SO CUTE!):

Fun, huh? Well, we have another Dr.'s appointment on Monday (just a regular check up), so I'll be sure to let you know what we learn from that.

5 comments:

Bart and Shantyl Stears said...

What cute baby clothes! that is so fun! I'm sure your mom is going to love the middle one. ;) ha ha ha

jmholloway said...

I am so excited for y'all. It is fun to see pictures of your belly. You are one of those cute pregnant women. I am jealous. Getting everything put together is so much fun, especially the clothes.

Mindi :)

Leanna said...

Kmart is a great place to shop for kids' clothes, and it looks like you probably got some good deals! And you're right--girl clothes are SO cute! It's hard NOT to buy them. And you're such a cute pregnant mommy!

Rachel Holloway said...

So cute!! I am so excited seeing you really showing and looking so adorable!

Cute clothes! Girls stuff is the best!

Cassie and Mark said...

It's so fun to start getting clothes. It makes it seem more real. You look so good! I love the picture of you!