Saturday, July 11, 2009

Move to Ohio

This is the first post from our new home in Parma, Ohio. I (Travis) drove our car across the country with my parents who pulled a Uhaul trailer with our things. We spread the trip out over four days and I took as many pictures as I could while driving. I was safe, I promise. Here are pictures from our cross-country trip.



Wyoming was the first state we came to after leaving Idaho. We stopped to take pictures of the state signs when we could but some were missed.





I had to take some pics of the Tetons because it will be a while before I see them again. They are beautiful mountains.







We drove through the middle of a pretty intense thunderstorm in Wyoming and this double rainbow showed up. It was big and arched right next to the road. We were basically driving right through the middle of it. I thought it was pretty cool...but I didn't see any leprechauns or a pot of gold.


More of Wyoming




The next state was Nebraska.




Nebraska cornfields

I took this pic the morning of the third day in Iowa. Iowa has lots of cornfields too.


Crossing the Mississippi.

Welcome to Indiana.

Dad's truck did a great job pulling the heavy trailer.


I loved all the trees right alongside the freeway. That's something you don't see much in southeastern Idaho...unless you count sagebrush.

I wanted to get a picture coming into Ohio but couldn't. This was the last picture I got before coming into Cleveland. I know it's not a great pic but in my defense, I was driving.
It was a long trip but we made it and everything pretty much went according to plan. Jenny and Grace flew from Salt Lake to Columbus where we picked them up Friday evening. It was wonderful to be reunited after four days apart. I think Jenny's planning on posting pictures of our house and some things we've done since our arrival. So stay tuned...

6 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

WOO HOO! YOU GUYS ARE HERE! What a long trek! :)

Hoping to see Jenny's post soon!

Bart and Shantyl Stears said...

WOW! Looks like a long trip; and I thought the move to Oklahoma was a bad one! ha ha ha... I hope you guys are doing well! we want to see more pictures of your cute baby! We sure do miss you guys!!!!!!

Leanna said...

Oh how I miss those trees! (Lance and I are both from Tennessee.) Beautiful! Glad you got there safe and sound. I'm looking forward to more pictures of the house! Good luck getting settled in. =D

Richard and McKenna said...

I am glad you guys got there safely! I am so sorry that we didn't get to hang out with you guys before you left! It got so crazy there for a while! Sorry we didn't call you guys! Hope that all goes well in Ohio and that we get to see you guys soon! We will miss you guys and the awesome Scrabble games and pizza! :)

Jami said...

Congratulations on the successful move! It is quite the experience moving across the country. Can't wait for more pictures of everything--new house, growing baby, etc. Best of luck getting settled. So glad you have famly nearby. That makes a lot of difference.

David and Anita Holloway said...

Hey Trav,
You took some great shots while you were driving. I especially loved the Tetons and the rainbow! We didn't get to climb Tablerock beofore you left. That's one of my goals to do with anyone in my family that will do it with me while I still can.
Love ya!
Mom