Thursday, October 22, 2009

First Taste of Food =)

After about a month of watching Grace stare us and our food down at the dinner table (I mean, leaning forward to watch every bite we took!), we decided (October 13th) to finally start her on solid food! After all the anticipation, she actually wasn't too sure what to think about her rice cereal for the first few days, but by day 5, it was a hit, and now she enjoys carrots too!

Here she is all ready to give her first bite of food a try (as you can see, she has no idea what's about to happen to her, or I think she'd look a little more excited!):



This is how most of that 1st attempt ended up--on her chin!



Here's a video documenting her first meal:



We wanted to let her play with her spoon so she'd get used to the idea and taste of it, so here she is weilding a spoon for the first time:


Since Grace had decided that rice cereal was a go, we decided to try a new food on her yesterday--carrots. And just like with her successful attempt at rice cereal, she opened her mouth for it and even sucked some of the carrot puree off the spoon! I thought it was so fun how she wanted to help me feed her, by holding my hand and pushing it toward her mouth! I think she's liking this new real food thing =).


For your veiwing pleasure, below is a video of her trying out carrots. (She'd make a little bit of a funny face because it was sour, but she liked it enough to keep coming back for more!)



While I realize that with each new step she's getting a little older and farther away from being my little girl (which makes me a little sad), I'm also excited about all of the new things she's doing and the progress she's making, and especially about the fun little person she's becoming (or that we're now realizing that she IS).

We sure love you, Grace girl!

6 comments:

Leanna said...

What fun! I know what you mean about how it's kind of sad to see them grow up, but it's still so fun to see all of the new things they're learning! And spoons were Hazel's favorite toy for the longest time. (The plastic ones, of course...) Have fun with all of the new food adventures! =D

crystal carlson said...

What a cutie! I can't believe how fast she's growing up--she'll be walking before you know it!

Bart and Shantyl Stears said...

Oh my word you guys, She is getting so big. She is so cute! I hope all is going well for you guys. we think of you often!

The Martins said...

She is DARLING. I love her blue eyes. What a fun time to start feeding her solid food! They grow up so fast.

Rachel Holloway said...

I am SO excited she's going for food now! :) That's such a fun stage. I loved watching her cute videos too!!

Lacy said...

O so cute. I love first baby bites. It's so fun. In that first picture she looks so much like Kaylynn to me (don't htink I spelled that right)