Monday, August 22, 2011

28 weeks and...

Drum roll please...
Today I enter my seventh month of pregnancy AND my 3rd and final trimester!! I have to say, after going through all this early nesting, it's nice to reach this big milestone, and know that our baby really IS coming soon!
In "What to Expect" (my, how I love that book series!), it says that "this week, (my) amazing baby has reached 2 1/2 lbs and may be almost 16 inches long." Also, that she's now blinking and dreaming (aww!). She sure is growing fast!
And so is my belly! ;)


As if on cue, right when I was about to start my 3rd trimester, my belly hit the "uncomfortable any way you sit" phase (so. much. fun.). I've also recently lost most of the amazing energy I've had lately, which makes me very grateful for the things I've been able to accomplish the last couple of weeks (like buying the last big item on our "baby needs list"--a double stroller, pictured below). Now, I just have to hope that I'll get a second nesting wave a few weeks before the baby comes to help me finish up the final preparations!


I can't wait to wheel my two girls around in this baby! (Grace has me wheeling just her around in it already.) ;)

2 comments:

Leanna said...

Glad you've entered the third trimester, but I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable. No fun!

By the way, I LOVE your double stroller. We have a really old one that some friends gave to us (which we're grateful to have) but it's so old and it's such a beast. I really hate it when we have to use it (although, again, I'm glad we at least have something). What kind is yours, though? It doesn't look nearly as beastly as ours or many others I've seen. =D

Jenny and Travis said...

I understand how you feel! We got an old Jeep stroller from some friends, and while we were glad to have something, it was SO big and long I knew it wasn't going to work. So, our new one is a Graco Quattro Tour Duo. It's not big at all, and can actually fit in the back of our Camry (barely). The great things about it are: you can snap a graco car seat into the front or back seat (front with a $20 additional piece--which is cheap as far as extra parts go), there are cup holders for both seats & the parents, there are 3 different storage compartments (1 large for the parents and 2 small ones for the kids), it maneuvers great, has 1 step/hand fold down, a pouch for the parents to put their keys & phone in, both seats recline, and you can buy one for under $200 on Amazon right now! I looked at strollers A LOT before buying this one, and I thought it was a steal for the price!