Friday, November 15, 2013

The Girl's Room

Earlier this week, I went over to my parents new house to help my mom hang up pictures...which reminded me that I never finished hanging pictures up in my own house! So the next morning, after we dropped Grace off at school, Bethany and I got to work hanging pictures in the girls' bedroom.
 
The view of the girls' pink, purple, and green room as you look into their room from the doorway:
 
Grace's space:

Old and new: The old name sign I had made for Grace's nursery, set above a new frame with pictures of her from last fall. It makes my heart happy to see these bright, pretty pieces together. :)
 
As I was taking pictures of the room today, Grace came in asking what I was doing and posed for a picture. :) The wall above her bed has a picture of the Rexburg temple (the city she was born in). Maybe someday I'll put another picture beside it...

And Bethany's Bed:


Bethany's name plaque and pictures (I found the matching frames on mega clearance at Kohl's and they were JUST what I was looking for for the girl's room--love it when that happens!) I adore these pictures our sister-in-law Rachel took of the girls, and hope that putting them right by the girls' bed will remind Grace and Bethany everyday of how beautiful they are and make them smile. 

Travis and I made the Child of God art earlier this year (out of a thin canvas, paint, and vinyl lettering), and placed it next to some beautiful prints we had of Jesus with two little girls. I hope these also serve as a daily reminder to the girls that they ARE children of God and that He loves them.

And a little art for the dresser top: a picture of me with Grace just after she was born (which reads "Loved from the Start") and a picture of both of the girls from last fall (which says "Daddy's little girl"). Plus some "Pooh" blocks (to go with Bethany's crib bedding) and a small picture of Christ.

 
 It's amazing how much more homey having pictures up can make a room feel. I hope the girls love their finished room as much as I do!
 

No comments: