Thursday, March 31, 2016

30 Day Challenge: Day 19 part 2

After I finished reflecting on my 30 day challenge question this morning, I turned and began reading for my daily scripture study. The first scripture that popped up in my LDS app was my ponderize scripture for the week. Normally I save my ponderize scripture for last, as a inspiring end note to my scripture study, but for some reason I felt that I should read it first today. Afterward I realized why.
My ponderize scripture this week is Alma 58:10-11, which says : "Therefore we did pour out our souls in prayer to God, that He would strengthen us and deliver us out of the hands of our enemies, yea, and also give us strength that we might retain our cities, and our lands, and our possessions, for the support of our people. Yea, and it came to pass that the Lord our God did visit us with assurances that He would deliver us; yea, insomuch that He did speak peace to our souls, and did grant unto us great faith, and did cause us that we should hope for our deliverance in Him."
I was struck as I read it that this ponderize scripture was an answer to my fervent prayer from the last two days that while I am pregnant, I will still be able to have the strength to fulfill my responsibilities, both at work and especially at home, to properly take care of my family. These scriptures then were like Heavenly Father's words of peace, comfort, and assurance that I WILL be delivered, or strengthened physically to continue to teach zumba and be an effective and loving mother, and that I can have faith and hope in this (as the end of verse 11 promises). What a tender mercy of answered prayer and comfort! I have been SO worried that I would need to take it very easy physically, and that I wouldn't be able to teach zumba (as I had received answer to prayer a few months ago that I should continue to do), or exercise (which I would love to be able to do for my current mental and physical health and for post-partum healing), or lift my children during pregnancy (and thus not be able to fulfill my responsibilities or care for my children the way I want and need to). But now I know that I can have comfort in His promise of health and strength. This had been another question on my heart this morning, and Heavenly Father was so good to answer it as well.
I realized after this that if I had left my ponderize scripture for last as I had planned, I probably wouldn't have paid close enough attention to be receptive to the promptings of the Spirit. I felt so grateful to Heavenly Father for answering both my specific daily question but also my "unofficial" prayers.
And my spiritual experience didn't end there! I then turned to 3 Nephi 14:7-8, which speaks of asking and seeking and consequently receiving and finding answers to our prayers. It struck me as I read these verses that this has truly been my experience this month as I have asked my 30 Day Challenge questions both officially in prayer and in my heart--that I have asked for answers and guidance and that I have in turn found and been given them.
Then in verses 9-11 it speaks of what a loving Heavenly Father we have. I had felt after receiving my answer to my second question this morning that God was so good--too good--to answer even my unspoken prayers, and here I was taught that of course Heavenly Father desires to answer our prayers and to bless us! He is our FATHER, and like any good parent, he desires to "give good things to those that ask Him (His children), and even more so because He is a perfect parent and perfectly loving. It was such a beautiful realization. And it made me think that we so often live below our privileges as God's children--that there is SO MUCH more that God is anxious and willing to bless us with if we will just seek to do His will and ASK.

No comments: