Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Hoppy Easter 2016

This year we decided to do our "fun" Easter traditions on the Saturday before Easter so we could reserve Sunday to focus on the true meaning of Easter, so the kids woke up Saturday morning to find these Easter baskets waiting for them from the Easter Bunny. 
 

They were so excited! (Here Bethany is hugging her Ariel socks and exclaiming "It's just what I always wanted!" lol)


On Sunday morning, we made our traditional Resurrection rolls. I love this tradition, and the opportunity it gives us each year to teach our kids the story of the first Easter and to focus on Christ.



All of us girls in our pink Easter dresses, ready to worship at Church:

After Church, we had a scrumptious Easter dinner of vegan eggplant parmesan (which was divine!), pasta, salad with peach dressing, croissants, homemade pesto parmesan bread, and apple cider. It was a wonderful Easter feast!
 

 
 After dinner, we went on a walk around the neighborhood, enjoying the perfect Easter weather. Then we had an egg hunt (since we hadn't gotten to it on Saturday):

It was Kaylee and Cambree's first real egg hunt, and it was fun to help them learn the ropes.

Kaylee:
 

Bethany:

 
 Grace:

Cambree:


It was a wonderful Easter. I marvel at my Heavenly Father and my Savior's great love for me and all mankind. And I feel so grateful to our Savior for His Atoning sacrifice, death, and Resurrection, and to our Heavenly Father for sacrificing His Son. I'm so grateful for the knowledge that they live, and that my family and I will one day also.
Happy Easter!

No comments: