Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Our Latest

This is me trying to at least get a quick post out about everything that has happened with us lately--hopefully pictures will follow soon! As all of you know, during the break between semesters we took a trip up to Northern Idaho to hike in Kirkwood and visit Grangeville, then flew down to Tucson, Arizona to visit my parents. We had a wonderful time on both of our adventures. Our visit to Tucson was especially nice because Travis got to finally meet my dad's parents, as well as my dad's brother and sister-in-law, and my cousin Lori and her family. We enjoyed good food, wonderful company, and great times. Thanks mom and dad for the wonderful visit, and Lori for the great birthday dinner!! Then, the Saturday following our trip, I turned 23, and Travis' parents made us all a wonderful birthday breakfast--thanks guys! My birthday was pretty much the best ever because it was so drawn out: I had a shared birthday dinner with my dad at Lori's, birthday breakfast at Travis' parents, dinner and a movie with Trav on my birthday, a birthday cake and presents a few days later (from Trav), and a birthday dinner and gifts with my best friends Chelsea and Lori a few days after that! How good can it get?! I felt very loved and appreciated. Then, on April 21, school started again for me, and on April 22 work at Great Harvest started for Trav. School is going pretty well for me, and Trav is liking his job at Great Harvest as a baker so far (and we both love the bread that he gets to bring home!). We joke, as Trav's brother Jason put it, that Trav is the one who "makes the dough" in the family. Hehe. On April 25, our baby turned two months old in the womb (and now is the size of a large green olive), and on April 28th we had our 9 month anniversary. And, most recently, we finally found a car to purchase, and will be sealing the deal tomorrow morning! It is a 1996 Toyota Camry LE, forest green exterior, that is in really good shape and seems to run really well. We're grateful to finally find a car that we love and that is in our price range! We feel so greatly blessed by our Heavenly Father with everything that has happened for us lately, and know he is watching over us. Well, that pretty much sums up the update. We will try--I promise!--to get pictures of everything up soon! Hope you all are doing well!

5 comments:

Leanna said...

Wow sounds like life is pretty exciting! Oh and happy late birthday. =D

Congrats on the new car, too. That is huge!

Oh and when do you get your first ultrasound?

Rachel Holloway said...

ghetto--just tried to post a darn comment and it erased it all

Rachel Holloway said...

Sure, it took the comment I wrote GHETTO on, but not the one where I said I was so happy for you guys and couldn't wait to see your little olive baby in an ultrasound!!

Rachel Holloway said...

DANG IT! BLOGGER! I just want to finish this darn comment!

Gotta do this quick before Blogger decides to take it away for the 4th time!

TELL SNOASIS THAT MOMMA'S COMIN' HOME! Be ready for lots of food and fun! cAN'T wait to see you guys!

jmholloway said...

It's great to get an update. It is so exciting to be pregnant and anxiously await the arrival of your new little Holloway. I am so happy for you both and hope that everything continues to go well for you.

Mindi :)