Sunday, April 20, 2008

We're Pregnant!


As most of you have already heard, we are pregnant!! Since December, we have opened ourselves up to the possibility of getting pregnant, and have just decided to let things happen when they were supposed to. Well, we were pleasantly surprised in March, when we saw two bright pink lines show up on the pregnancy test! I am about 2 months along now, and am due early December. We are so excited!! And so is my family. Our baby will be my parents first grandchild, and my dad's parents' first great-grandchild. My mom is sooo excited to be a grandma, and is preparing already. Her and my dad are already planning the baby's name too(after them of course =)...but jokingly). We love being amidst all the excitement. Travis just bought me "What to Expect When You're Expecting," and I've been enjoying reading about what our baby is doing right now and how to best take care of myself during this time (to make everything function well, and as smoothly as possible for "baby"). Right now, "baby" is the size of a large raspberry, has the beginnings of a heart, spinal cord, facial features, arms, legs, liver, lungs, and kidneys, and is moving spontaneously (thought I can't feel it yet). As for my symptoms, I get slightly nauseas (mostly in the car), and am very sleepy! Overall, I'd say my symptoms are very mild (though I've never been pregnant before, so who can really say?). Travis often kisses both me and "baby" goodnight (which is soooo cute!), and consistently shows me what a great father he is going to be. We are both excited (but naturally nervous) to be parents. I will be going in for my first real doctors visit within the next two weeks, and we are excited to see the first picture of our baby! We'll post it when we get it! Well, I think that's about all we can say about it for now, but we'll try to keep you all updated on me and the baby as things progress.

6 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

'BOUT STINKING TIME you wrote on your blog about it! :) jk!!

Just so you know--there will come a chapter in "What to expect" that will say some rubbish about how you will be starting to fit into your husband's pants (as you are getting bigger). CLEARLY the author has never been married to a Holloway--so, just be advised that you WILL read that! :)

Can't wait to follow your journey! HOW EXCITING!! CONGRATS!

Leanna said...

I am so excited to have another fellow expecting mother around! Can I announce it in Relief Society for you since you're in Primary?! ;-) Congratulations!!!

Cassie and Mark said...

Congratulations Jenny! You two will be terrific parents. Keep us posted on your pregnancy!

jmholloway said...

We are so excited for you. I know that you both will be great parents. We will be checking regularly for updates on "baby", oh and you of course.

Mindi :)

Cassie and Mark said...

I'd love to see pics from Kirkwood and Arizona when you get time to post them!

Lacy said...

hi cousin Travis and new cousin Jenny. congratulations on your december baby. i thonk what jason & mindy said at thr rnf of their comment is funny, because it's true that once the baby comes...mom and dad are chopped liver :) not really but it will seem like that sometimes im sure :)