Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Early Christmas

The morning after graduation, we had an "Early Christmas" with my parents. We opened stockings and presents, and then had our traditional yummy Christmas breakfast, with Great Harvest french toast, bacon, and Reed pizza eggs. Mmmm...

I was like a kid on this "Early Christmas" morning, insisting that we open presents first!


Here's Travis with his first present--a gift certificate to Ross! I see a shopping trip in our future!


Yea! It's hard to find great (wholesome) family movies these days, so I was so happy to recieve Ratatouille and Penelope from my parents. Thanks guys!


Dad had asked for a shirt for Christmas, and this one had his name all over it, so we bought it...

...and it was a hit! It fit him just right, and he liked it so much that he wore it the rest of the day! Success! And just look at this studly man!


I love mom's expression in this one--"Ooh!"--as she opens her gold loop earrings from Travis and I. She was a happy girl.

Travis and I love playing games together, and this one's a personal favorite of his. Thanks mom and dad! We've loved playing it already!

The last time we were in Tucson, my dad confessed that he was crazy for crunchy Cheetos. So, what could we do but buy him a family size bag for Christmas? He was thrilled.


My "off the list" present for mom this year was a hand-crafted picture frame with a picture of her and me in it. Here, she's giving the "Aw, it's precious" look, so...

...another success!

And for the mother-to-be? Motherhood gift certificates! I can't wait to spend these! Thanks you guys!


We had SUCH a wonderful visit with my parents while they were here. It was especially nice to get to have a Christmas celebration with them. Thanks again, mom and dad, for all that you do for us and for the wonderful visit! We love you!

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

HOORAY!! Lots of fun gifts! Thanks for sharing. How nice to be with your parents to celebrate the season early!

Leanna said...

Glad to see you had a good early Christmas! Looks like a lot of fun!

And I'm way excited for those gift cards to Motherhood as well. It's a great place. I mean you can only feel so cute when prego, but Motherhood definitely helps out a lot! I would definitely recommend the "tummy sleeve" and the "secret fit belly" pants. Must-haves in my opinion! =D

Cassie and Mark said...

So fun! I would love to see pictures of the travel set and pack n' play when you set them up.