Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Travis!

On March 13th, Travis turned 24. Well, this was just too big of an event to fit into one day, so we spread the celebrations over two. On Friday (his actual birthday), we went to Red Robin with my mom, cousin Kitty, and her son Trevor (all of whom were in town for my baby shower the next day) to get his free Birthday Burger. The food was yummy (as always) and it was so nice to (1) be out on the town and (2) visit with my family. Another great part of the dinner was the end, when our waiter brought Travis a birthday sundae and balloons, announced loudly to the whole restaurant that Travis had had a birthday, and then with the other waiters and waitresses sang Trav a birthday song: "I don't know but I've been told, someone here is getting old! Sound off--Happy; Sound Off--Birthday; Happy Birthday--TO YOU!" Can't complain about a free sundae and balloons! We ended the evening playing games and having Travis open a present.
Then, on Saturday, we went to Blackfoot to celebrate with Travis' family! Daddy Dave made his famous pizza for Travis' birthday dinner (per Travis' request), and later topped that goodness off with a scrumptious "Better than Anything" cake I had made...yum!

Travis with his birthday cake (and, yes, I realize a piece of it is already gone--our nephew wanted a piece before he went to bed, and the rest of us had cake later in the evening after our stomachs had settled from tasty pizza):
Blowing out the candles:

After eating the cake, we finished off the birthday celebrations with Travis opening the rest of his presents.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY my sweet Travis. I am so happy and blessed to have you in my life, and love that we get to spend all of our birthdays together! I love you!

No comments: