Monday, March 23, 2009

Baby Update--Week 33

First of all, I can't believe that I am 33 1/2 weeks pregnant, and that there now are only 6 weeks and 4 days left until D-day! It's getting SO close, and I'm finally feeling the crunch!
Well, I went to another Dr.'s appointment this morning, and this is what I learned:
My stats: my blood pressure is good and I've only gained 1 pound since my last appointment (2 weeks ago)! Wahoo! If I keep this up, I'll be right on track, gaining 1 pound every two weeks-- just as our baby is! And if I do that, I will also have kept to the lighter side of my appropriate weight gain spectrum, which is 15-25 lbs total for the whole pregnancy. =)
Baby's stats: her heart rate is normal, she's measuring at 32 cm (just 1 cm off), and her head is down! Hooray!
The Dr. says that everything is looking good, and that he expects a good delivery from us both. I couldn't be happier to hear that!
In other good news, the Dr. said that our baby is likely to "drop" around 34 weeks (a.k.a. anytime), at which point my current, most uncomfortable "pregnancy perks" of experiencing shortness of breath and rib discomfort will likely come to an end. Yea for that!
And for an update on our baby from "What to Expect" for Week 33: "Baby's gaining weight almost as fast as you are these days (averaging out to about half a pound a week, which puts the grand total so far at more than 4 1/2 lbs. Still, your baby has plenty of growing up (and out) to do. She may grow a full inch this week alone and may come close to doubling in weight by D-day. Antibodies are also being passed from you to your baby as your little one continues to develop his or her own immune system." Exciting, huh?
Well, that's all the news for now. I'll give you another update from the Dr.'s office in two weeks (at which point there will be just over a month left! Crazy!!).
(Oh, and apologies for putting you all through a post drought, and then going blog crazy and posting 3 times in 2 days. Oh well!)

3 comments:

Leanna said...

Oh the joys of pregnancy! Enjoy these times where you know where she is at all times and can keep her safe in her warm little bubble! haha Hazel is crawling now, and along with that comes a lot of boo boos for her and a lot of running around for me.

And you may be totally different, but Hazel never dropped until I had been in labor for a few hours. She was holding onto my ribs with her toes! haha I know you probably have lots of mommies to draw on for advice, but feel free to ask me any questions or whatever! =D Good luck!

Rachel Holloway said...

HOORAY!! How exciting!

Jenna never dropped...Kaden never dropped...and Spencer never dropped. :) UNTIL I was in labor. Weird, huh?

I am excited to see your new little one!! Hoping for the best through these last few weeks!

David and Anita Holloway said...

I know this is a rather late comment but I didn't read this til we got back from our trip. Thank you for the update on Little Grace. Both of you seem to be doing very well. What great news. Can't wait for the next update!!! D DAY IS COMING!!!!!!!!!