Sunday, March 22, 2009

Our Baby Shower!

On March 14th, we had the baby shower for our little girl! My sweet sister-in-law Cassie hosted it, and it was held at our aunt Terri's house here in Rexburg. We had such a wonderful time!

We started off the shower by playing some games. The first was a "name that nursury rhyme" game, and Grandma Larsen and my mom tied as the winners! Great job ladies! And then, for the second game, my guests had to guess how large my belly was with some yarn. Funny thing--my mom's and Travis' mom's strings were exactly the same length, and their's were the closest measurements, being just a 1/2 inch off of my actual size (at 7 1/2 months)! Maybe it was a grandma's intuition thing, or maybe it was because they had the best view of my belly, or maybe neither! Who knows? Either way, it was pretty funny.

Here's Travis' mom (Anita), me, and my mom (Susan) playing the first game (and thinking hard!):


My sister-in-law Chelsi and cousin Audrey both brought their little girls to the shower, and these two little ones had such a fun time playing together!


After the games, we all ate some savory ice cream sundaes. Here is the "diaper cake" that Cassie made me, next to the sundae fixins. Cute huh!?


And then after the sundaes I opened the baby gifts and we all hung around and chatted. Here I am looking at an adorable Winnie the Pooh outfit from our aunts Candace and Terri:

This was a precious little bracelet from Grandma and Grandpa Larsen:

(A special thanks to Chelsi for taking the above pictures. Below are some pictures I took later of all the gifts we recieved from the baby shower--well, I had to take SOME pictures myself, since I didn't get any on my own camera at the baby shower, and I guess it means that all of you who weren't there can now see everything we got!)
Here are all the baby clothes:

The baby bath stuff and other fun little things:

And our baby's binkies, blankets, and fun toys:

(And the gifts just keep coming from dear friends who weren't able to make it! Thank you all!)
So, MANY, many thanks to Cassie for hosting the baby shower--it was wonderful! Also, HUGE thanks to everyone who was able to come or have send gifts! You've really helped us get ready for the coming of our little girl, and we feel and greatly appreciate your love and support! And a super thanks to my mom, Kitty, and Trevor for coming from so far--it was so special to have you here! And to all of you who lived too far away to come, or didn't make it, we love you and wished you could have been here to celebrate with us!

3 comments:

Leanna said...

What fun! I wish I could have been there! =( But I am glad that you had fun and got all kinds of goodies to help with the baby. Speaking of which, can you send me your mailing address? I'd love to be able to send you something, too. =D

Tia Wray said...

CUTENESS!!! I wish I could have come!

Rachel Holloway said...

SO many fun things! I wish we could have been there! It looks soooo nice to get together with everyone!