Tuesday, October 18, 2011

36 Week Update

That's right folks! In less than 4 weeks, our baby girl will be here!
We went to the Dr. today for our weekly check-up/36 week ultrasound, and everything is looking good! It was such a treat to get to have an ultrasound at this point in the pregnancy, and although we didn't get a good view of baby Bethany's face (since she was turned the wrong way, the stinker!), we DID get a clear view of her little heart and spine, and we also got to hear her heart beating nice and strong. It seemed so weird to not be able to see most of her little body from one point of view; she's gotten so big! The Dr. didn't check my belly size, but he did say she's measuring 5 lbs 12 oz right now, and is on track to be right about Grace's birth weight (of 7 lbs 3 oz), which I must say is a relief, as I'd been worrying she'd be bigger (and I'm desperately hoping not to tear/have an episiotomy this time). He also said her head is still down, and that the fluids around her looked good. (He didn't bother "checking" me since I wasn't dialated at all last week and haven't had many braxton hicks contractions this week, which was fine with me, but I will get checked next week.) We were so glad to get all of this good news!
As far as baby prep, our house is now completely deep cleaned and organized (minus the fridge and basement), and the baby's nursery is just a quick sweep and rearranging of a few things away from being ready as well. :) Having all this done definitely makes me feel more ready for baby Bethany's coming, which is coming very fast! Having taken a tour of the maternity wing at the hospital (last Saturday) has helped us feel ready as well, as the rooms and nurses were all SO nice and they seemed to anticipate our every need and wish for our delivery and post partum care too. Now we just need to wash Bethany's car seat and pack our hospital bag and we will be (physically) ready to go!
And here's a picture of me from Sunday:

Til next week!

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

SO, SO, SO excited for you! I can't wait to see her and have you guys experience that special spirit in your home!!