Friday, October 28, 2011

37 Weeks

On Monday night, Travis told me "Happy full term day!" (the cutie!); and it is SUCH a relief to be full term, and know that no matter when our baby girl decides to show up, she's fully developed and should be OK. :)
On Tuesday night, some sweet girls from my ward threw me a baby shower.
Here I am before the shower:


I had SUCH a good time at it and received such thoughtful gifts for baby Bethany (and even some pampering things for me :) ).
The sweet gifts Bethany and I received:


A close-up of some of the home made gifts (a receiving blanket with matching burp cloths, a rag quilt, a crocheted hat, and a diaper bag; SO cute, right?!):

We really have such a GREAT group of friends out here, and it's so nice to have them as a pseudo family while we're so far away from home.

On Thursday, we went to my Dr. appt and learned that: I am 2 cm dialated, 80% effaced, that the baby's head is still down and "right there" (which my hips and pelvis can attest to), and that the Dr. predicts I'll have baby Bethany a week early. It's so surreal to have "progressed" and know that Bethany could really come any time. I'm so grateful that my mom decided to change her flight to 2 weeks earlier so she can watch Grace for us during Bethany's early arrival!

We are anxious, but VERY excited to meet and snuggle our little Bethany Adelle!!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Jenny, you look awesome! Seriously! Good luck in these next few weeks...I remember too well how uncomfortable it is...

Rachel Holloway said...

YAAAAAY! Am excited to see when the big day really does come. So glad your mom will be there to watch the Gracer Racer and you'll be snuggling your girl in no time!

crystal carlson said...

So excited for you guys! Can't wait to see the little cutie!

David and Anita Holloway said...

What awesome gifts and thoughtful friends you have! We're anxiously awaiting the arrival of our little Bethany!