Friday, February 22, 2008

Our Second Valentine's Day

For Valentine's Day, me and Travis decided to recreate one of our
first dates--To go out to Arby's for dinner and then Cold Stone Creamery for dessert.
Still, we weren't sure what we wanted to get for each other.
(We kept saying,"I don't know what I'm going to do for you" in exasperated
tones, the days prior to Valentines.) So, you can imagine my surprise when I got home from a long day of school and work to find some special surprises from my sweet
husband! As you can see, he put some red and pink balloons in our living room...



And strung them across the window...
And over our piano...
And put them up next to our bed (this really made me smile)...



Then left me the sweetest card (which was pretty darn creative)...


And got me some long stem roses (two for two Valentine's Days together)!!!

It goes without saying that I was very pleasantly surprised!

Thank you Travis for your sweet gifts and for being my sweet husband.
I'm glad that you're my eternal valentine. I LOVE YOU!!!
Now, as all women know, men are very hard to buy for. I knew that Travis wouldn't want flowers, and that it would take him forever to eat any candy I bought for him. Plus, I knew that acts of service were more meaningful to him than gifts or romantic words. So, I decided to give him the gift of a weeks worth of things I would do for him...A Valentine's Week. He'd just have to pick a day, and I would do a certain act. I know it might seem like a cop out, but I did put a lot of thought into it, and, in the end, Trav said it was a wonderful gift, so I was pleased.

Hope you all had a happy day of love!

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

SOOOOO sweet what you each did for each other. Gotta LOVE love!

Rachel Holloway said...

Tell Bart hello--we think it is funny he commented on our blog. :) They should get a blog too! GREAT IDEA!! hehehe....I hope the baked Ziti works out for them! :)

jmholloway said...

Celebrating love is so fun. I hope that you two will always show that to each other, even when life gets more complicated. If you always make that a priority then you will be able to get through anything together.

Mindi :)

Sorry for the sermon, I guess I have seen too many people I care about lose that, and that is too important not to have in a marriage.