Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas must be coming...

I have been itching to put up Christmas decorations for a week now; so, as soon as we got home on Sunday from our Thanksgiving break, up went the Christmas decorations!

Travis putting some ornaments on the tree:



















Some of our new ornaments (that I bought on our trip to Cleveland):














The finished tree, complete with colorfully wrapped presents underneath (are we on top of things or what?! =) )



















Our stockings hung on our wall with care:














We recieved this advent calendar from Cassie and Mark as an early Christmas present this year, and love having it!



















Being inspired from making my Thanksgiving sign, I decided to make a Christmas one too! I wanted it to have a special Christmas message on it, that reminded us of the true meaning of Christmas, and so I chose "Oh, come let us adore him"--reminding us to celebrate Christ's birth, as well as to come unto Him always. Now it just needs some ribbon to hang it with and it will be complete!














I LOVE having our Christmas decorations up. It makes our apartment feel SO cozy and bright, and let's us celebrate Christmas a little everyday. Only 24 more days!

3 comments:

Leanna said...

I love your decorations! I know what you mean about feeling the itch to decorate--Lance didn't want to decorate for Christmas at all until we moved to Provo, but by the time we move and get settled enough to decorate, the season will almost be over! So I vetoed his decision and put up the tree and just a few other little decorations, and it feels so much more like Christmas already! =D

Lacy said...

I like seeing your cute little family life. I bet you guys loved decorating together.

Rachel Holloway said...

I love your decorations! You guys have such a cute little apartment!! YEAH FOR CHRISTMAS!!