Friday, December 19, 2008

We're Halfway There!

Today marks the halfway point of my pregnancy. So, in just 4 1/2 short months, our baby girl will be here. I can't believe it!
Here's a quick update on her for Week 20:
"You've got a baby the size of a small cantaloupe in your melon-size belly this week, about 10 ounces and 6 1/2 inches (crown to rump). Luckily for your baby, she still has plenty of room in your womb, which means there's plenty of space for twisting, turning, kicking, punching, and even an occaisional somersault" (I think I've felt it all, but we're still waiting until they're strong enough for Travis to be able to feel them too).
It's wierd how sometimes it feels like my belly grows in bounds. Last night, for example, my stomach suddenly felt very stretched and tight, like the baby had moved and filled the entire area. Crazy. On that note though, I visited a dietitian yesterday, and she said my weight gain looks good. (When else are you EVER going to hear that?! I was just happy that I hadn't been overdoing it--which a person worries about when they have to eat every two hours!)
And since some of you have been asking about baby names, I'll share with you our top picks for now (although nothing will be really decided until we see her pretty face in the flesh):
Evelyn
Grace
Allison, and
Kaylee
Now, we're just trying to come up with middle names for each of these, and decide which one we like best!
Finally, we wanted to share with you a short video of our baby girl moving around from our last ultrasound. I think it's great, and I hope you enjoy it too!

5 comments:

Cassie and Mark said...

Congratulations on being half way there! Not that my opinion matters a whole lot, but I think Evelyn Grace Holloway is beautiful! We're excited to see you two in a few days!

Leanna said...

I bet it feels good to hit that halfway point--just wait until you hit 30 weeks; it's so unreal! In fact, the whole idea of making a living thing inside of you is completely unreal, too. =D And all of the names are beautiful! Good luck narrowing it down!

The Martins said...

Wow, you're half way there! That is so exciting! The last half of pregnancy seems to go by really fast... It's so fun to watch your tummy grow and feel the baby's kicks as they get stronger. I love the names you have picked out! Darling. I am excited for you!

Bart and Shantyl Stears said...

That is so good! YEAH half way! Yeah Emily loved her gift. we are going to have to have some major fun when we get back. I have to find my self a job though :( bummer! anyway, you saw twilight huh? the book is so much better! I think you would like the book. We are trying to fly home early, so if we do I'll give you a call! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Chippy said...

Congrats girlie! I am sorry I have not been better about keeping in touch. You are such a cute pregnant lady :) I love the name choice. We like Grace too but are planning to use as a middle name. We are thinking of starting a family this year :) Only a few more months to go till you have your blessed baby!!!