Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ode to Travis

This post is dedicated to my AMAZING husband (because I can't help but tell you!).
What makes him so amazing, you ask?
A million little, but (really) important things...

fulfilling his calling 100% (even though that means spending at least 6 hours at church every Sunday, and doing other little duties throughout the week)
letting me sleep in til forever (even though my alarm has gone off 4 times, and he's already been up for over an hour)
eating according to the whims of a pregnant woman (which usually includes mac'n'cheese or the like)
kissing our baby goodnight
kissing me goodnight
listening to me ramble on about whatever crazy thing comes to my mind (including Jane Austen novels) at 10:30 at night when he has to go to work at 3:30am the next morning
telling me I'm beautiful (as my stomach continues to grow)
telling me how cute I am when I do the silliest things
squeezing me tight (and making me feel like everything is ok, my worries melting away from the warmth and comfort of his arms)
laughing at my increasingly cheesy jokes
never allowing me to take out the trash
doing the dishes...every time
always opening the car door for me
telling me how much he loves me about 15x a day
and a hundred other things...

But the clincher? Today, I was going to make some Pasta Roni for myself for lunch, and was destraught because the pot I needed was dirty (from the day before's Pasta Roni that had I made), but I didn't feel like washing it. Well, angel to my rescue: Travis volunteered to wash it for me (which was just really nice because: (1) I had meant to do the dishes the night before while he was at work but hadn't; and (2) he was choosing to eat leftover spagetti for lunch, which I should have also been doing but had refused to do--which meant that he was willing to clean MY pot for ME to make MY special lunch because I was being picky. Totally awful of me, I know!). And sure, him washing a pot might be a little thing, but it made me realize again just how nice and truly wonderful he always is.

I really couldn't find a husband that loves me better, and I love him SO MUCH in return!

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

This is brandon, Travis never used to kiss me goodnight so I'm glad he has changed.