Saturday, October 18, 2008

Oops

I awoke this morning to the warm aroma of a lighted candle. Mmm. It was the first time this fall that we had lit a candle, and it just felt so warm and cozy. As the morning went on, and I sent Travis off to school to take a test, I made a mental note that when I went to the store, I needed to remember to blow out the candle. Well, I finished blogging, then getting ready, and finally after a little tidying up, left to shop. A few hours later, after shopping and going to a baby shower, I returned home to that same sweet aroma. Yep, you guessed it--I had forgotten to blow the candle out. Luckily, Travis had gotten home before me, and noticing the candle was still lit, had blown it out. Yet, unfortunately, he got to it after its wax had already overflowed and pooled into its dish, and down the side of our little side table and wall, making a big waxy mess (but thankfully no flames). Oops.

1 comment:

Tia Wray said...

yikes! but what did the candle smell like?