Friday, July 11, 2008

Amici's

Last Thursday, Travis and I decided to try out a new Italian restaurant, Amici's, for dinner. Amici's means "friends" in Italian, and their slogan is "Where everyone is welcome." It was a cozy little restaurant, with a fun theme. The waiters and waitresses were dressed up as 20's gangsters, and there were paintings of Italian cooks and landscapes on the walls.



Shortly after we sat down, we were brought menus and french bread topped with olive oil and freshly grated parmesean cheese. We had a hard time deciding which delicious-sounding entree to get, but decided on chicken rigatoni and chicken asiago bowtie pasta. They were soooo scrumptious--the best Italian food we'd ever had!


Travis took this picture. I thought he did a great job!



Here's a close-up of my chicken rigatoni...sooo scrumptious! I kept thinking to myself, "If I could eat this good everyday, I'd be in heaven!"




We decided to splurge and get some dessert. This was the strawberry shortcake. It was huge! (We only ate like half of it, and brought the rest home.)


This is Travis' depiction of a strawberry SHORTCAKE:


Here we are in front of a pretty Tuscan wall painting:


Yea for date nights out on the town!

We got completely stuffed and had such a good time! It's now our new favorite restaurant, and definitely some place we will return to again and again!

5 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

DANG IT! I KNEW we should have eaten there when we visited!

LOOKS SCRUMPTIOUS! Great pic trav!!! And cute pic of the two of you....hopefully one you will take with you when you celebrate your 10th anniversary in Italy. :) jk....

Manzo Family said...

My Brother and his friend own Amicis! Thank you for writing such nice things about it. I love their food too!

Manzo Family said...

My Brother and his friend own Amicis! Thank you for writing such nice things about it. I love their food too!

Manzo Family said...

My Brother and his friend own Amicis! Thank you for writing such nice things about it. I love their food too!

Manzo Family said...

oops, sorry. Clicked the button too many times.