Sunday, August 10, 2008

Out on the Farm

Last night, we went to the Drake Family Reunion, out at the "Family Farm" in Victor.



Here's the farm, as seen from the fields:



Uncle Garl's (Grandma Larsen's brother's) house, where we had the main event:





There, we chatted:
(L to R: Grandma Larsen, her brother (Asa) Jr., Jr's wife, aunt Terri, uncle Jarom, and Garl's wife)



(Daddy Dave, Travis, great uncle Jr., and Garl's sons, all chatting after dinner):


Shot some hoops:



Played with little Jesse (cousin Jenny Owen's son):



Rode some horses:
(This was cool for me because I haven't ridden a horse in YEARS, and never on my own. I got to try steering it with the reins and leg pressure, tell it to go, and tell it to stop! Also, this horse's name was Cocoa, the same name of a stuffed animal horse that I have and love--so it was like a childhood dream come true.)





And went four-wheeling (which I hadn't done in a really long time either, but was super fun!):


It was nice to be with, and meet, some of Travis' extended family on his dad's side. They are good people, and we had a good time out on the farm. Hope to see all you Drake's again soon!

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

I absolutely cannot WAIT to show Jenna this post! She is going to LOVE it! HORSES, grandma, and of course YOU GUYS!

jmholloway said...

Cailyn thought is was so cool that Aunt Jenny and Lita were on a horse. I am so glad that you guys do so much with family. It definitely shows how much family means to you guys. I wish we could be there to join in the family fun.

Mindi :)

Anonymous said...

Just wondering if any of you know about Asa L Garl SR? My dad as I'm a JR. Hard to find any information about him.

Thanks

Asa L Garl JR