Saturday, August 9, 2008

Visit in Oakley

On Thursday afternoon, Travis and I drove to Oakley, ID to visit my mom's side of the family (who were up to visit my grandma Mootie). I was close to this part of my family growing up (back in Washington), so it was nice to see everyone again. We had a wonderful visit.

Here is my aunt Jane's house (ca. early 1900's), where we stayed for the night. (It was originally the Stake President's house, and has been a fun fix-up project for them. Thanks for letting us stay, Jane!)


Trav and I on the porch bench:


My mom and I. (My mom's coming to Oakley was one of the main reasons we went there; we hadn't seen her since April, so it was nice to visit with her again.)


Mom, me, and my cousin Lori visiting with Mootie. Mootie has lived a very interesting life, and is a great story-teller, so she is always fun to visit with. She has a strong and loving spirit about her too, which makes her so nice and uplifting to be around. We will miss her dearly when she is gone.
.

I love my Mootie.


My aunt Angie (my mom's oldest sister) and uncle Dixon (her husband) with Mootie.


My mom with her two other sisters, Jane and Carol.


From Right: Lori and her daughter Beth, Jane, Carol, Mom, and Me.
It was fun to see little Beth again. She is a sweet, mild girl, with the cutest little toothy smile, and the softest little giggle!
Who also loves to hide in cupboards!


Another exciting thing about our trip was that we got to meet my cousin Jill's little baby Jace for the first time. He is a sweet, happy little guy too!


Although their pictures aren't here, it was also nice to see: uncle Chad, uncle Ken, cousin Elysia, uncle Ray, "grandpa" Gene, cousin Ben, cousins Audrey and Andy, cousins Joe and Debra, cousins Mark and Kitty and their kids Nicolette and Trevor, and cousin Jill. Thanks everyone for coming up to visit, and for brightening Mootie's day! It was so nice to see you!!

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Are we next?!?! :) jk!! What a fun visit! I love seeing everyone from the good ol' days...

Richard and McKenna said...

wow!! There was a lot of family there! Wish we could have made it back when everyone was visiting! Glad to see you had a great time :)

Chippy said...

Holy cow, how old is Nicolette now? It's so great to see pictures of your family. When did Mootie move to ID???? Did I miss that one?