Monday, February 9, 2009

The Latest from the Dr.'s Office

This morning I went for my monthly check-up at my OBGYN's, and got the latest on mine and our baby's health...
For my part, they had me do a glucose screening test, and the results were stellar--my glucose levels were "amazing, practically perfect" (the Dr. was VERY impressed), which means I do NOT have gestational diabetes, and my hemoglobin levels were also "good," which means I do NOT have anemia. YEAH! Another bit of good news for me was that I hadn't gained any weight since my last appointment (a month ago)--HOORAY!--and I have only gained 10 pounds total so far in my pregnancy, which means I'm right on track! =)
As for our sweet baby girl, they listened to her heartbeat and said that it sounds really good, and they also both felt my stomache and measured it, and said that she's (measuring and positioned-wise) right where she needs to be! So, overall, the Dr. was very happy with our progress and mother and baby are (healthwise) looking and feeling great!
In other baby news, yesterday marked just 3 months (also less than 90 days) left of our pregnancy in which we are now on Week 27, which means our baby girl is now (head-to-toe) 15 inches long and just over 2 lbs in weight! I still can't believe how fast she is growing.
And, last but not least in the baby news department, Travis felt our baby kick for the first time last week--YEA!

2 comments:

jmholloway said...

Congratulations Trav, that is always an exciting day for us too.

Super-Duper Congratulations for Jenny for not gaining weight in a month. Very impressive!

I am glad to hear that everything is going well and am excited for y'all.

Mindi :)

Rachel Holloway said...

Congrats!! I am so excited for you!!! Sounds like you are a picture perfect candidate for 12 more babies! :)