Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pregnancy--Week 28

I realize that I've kind of gotten out of the habit of posting about my pregnancy regularly, so here is an update for Week 28 (the first week in my THIRD trimester!).
What to Expect Says: "This week, your amazing baby has reached 2 1/2 pounds and may be almost 16 inches long. Baby's skill of the week: blinking. Yes, along with the other tricks in a growing repertoire that already includes coughing, sucking, hiccuping, and taking practice breaths, your baby can now blink those sweet little eyes. Dreaming about baby? Baby may be dreaming about you, too, courtesy of the REM sleep he or she has started getting. But this little dreamer isn't ready for birth day just yet. Though his or her lungs are nearly fully mature by now, your baby still has a lot of growing to do." Reading this, I was surprised at all of the things our little girl can already do--what a champ!
I'm feeling her movements more and more these days; so much so, that I feel that there's not a move she makes that I don't feel. Her kicks are also getting stronger--almost too strong at times! =) And as she continues to grow, so does my belly! Here is a picture of me at 6 1/2 months pregnant:

(please note that there's a shadow behind my head that makes my face look fat.)
I can't believe that in just 10 more weeks, our little girl could make her grand entrance into the world! We're so excited to meet her, but are also happy for every day that she gets to be in the womb to grow healthy and strong before her birth day.

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

CONGRATS!! YOU ARE GETTING THERE!! You look super! I only WISH I looked that cute when I was pregnant!