Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pictures and Puddles

Since the sun came out today and decided to turn our parking lot into a lake, I thought I'd take this opportunity to use "the lake" (and other puddles) to try out some reflection pictures (a little late for the Mission 24 blog, I realize).
So, here are some of the results (all unedited, though I think I will edit some of them when I get the chance):

Our apartment complex and the edges of "the lake":


(Ok, so I threw in a shadow picture too):









(These next two are my favorite):












Reflection pictures are trickier to take than I thought, so this was a good experience for me to try out different angles and focuses and see which ones I liked best. And in the end, I think I got some pretty good pictures. (Splashing in the puddles while doing it was pretty fun too). =)

4 comments:

The Martins said...

These are really neat reflections. My favorite picture is the one with the leaf on the sidewalk with the reflection of the branches above it.

Cassie and Mark said...

Very cool pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Rachel Holloway said...

So cool! I love your shots and that you are experimenting so much!!! They turned out super cool!

Jessica said...

beautiful!