Friday, February 5, 2016

30 Day Challenge: Day 26

Question: As I was reading Alma 32 in preparation for my lesson yesterday, I was curious about verse 23, which talks about how angels impart God's word to men, women, and children (as I had always understood us as being spoken to through the Spirit). So my question today was, how do angels do that?

Answer: Joel 3:16 and 2:28-29
My interpretation:
Verse 16 says" The Lord shall roar out of Zion, and utter His voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake."
And Verses 28-29 says "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: and also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit." (which is a similar message to that in Alma 32:23)
So, by the command and power of God (v.16), and through His Spirit (the whisperings of the Holy Ghost) (v.28-29), do angels speak to us.

No comments: