Monday, February 8, 2016

30 Day Challenge: Day 29

Question: Should we go to the temple once a month?
I had prayed previously to know if we should go more often, and was seeking to know if this was the right frequency (praying for a "positive" answer if it be right).

Answer: Yes. 2 Nephi (forgot to write the chapter :/) verse 26-32; 23
Verse 26: Speaks of consecrating that Jacob and Joseph should be priests and teachers over the land of my people = That Travis and I will be "saviors" to our ancestors (our "people") as we regularly do their temple work.
Verse 27: "We lived after the manner of happiness" = this was the positive answer that I had prayed for. I also interpreted it as that attending the temple regularly will bring us greater joy and peace (as we have been taught recently at both stake and general conference).
Verse 30: Speaks of God commanding Nephi to make other scriptures, and write things on them which will be "good in my sight, for the profit of thy people" = This felt like God counseling us to go monthly, that doing so will be good in His sight, and will be for the profit of (will benefit) us and our ancestors.
Verse 31: Speaks of Nephi being obedient and making more plates = we too, like Nephi, should be obedient to God's counsel, and attend the temple monthly.
Verse 32: Again speaks of Nephi doing God's will and writing what is pleasing to God. And says that if Nephi's people are pleased with the things of God, they will be pleased with his engravings = again, doing God's will and being obedient. Also, that if our ancestors have accepted the gospel in the Spirit world, they will be please with us doing their temple work. And if WE are pleased to do God's will, we will be willing to be obedient in this.
After reading and pondering these verses, I looked at the highlighted verses on the page:
Chapter 6 verse 5: Says "The words which I shall read are they which Isaiah spake concerning all the house of Israel" = which I interpreted as meaning that the scriptures I just read in answer to my question are those which the prophet (or God, since He speaks through His prophets) speaks concerning the house of Israel (or us, as members of the house of Israel).
Chapter 5 verse 16: speaks of Nephi building a temple. How fitting that I should read about the temple!
And Verse 23: Says "And the Lord spake it, and it was done" = the Lord has given me my answer, and I should do it.
I have faith that Heavenly Father will make it possible for us to financially afford the monthly trip to the temple and bless us for our efforts.

1 comment:

brandon said...

I admire your tremendous faith!! SO awesome!