Tuesday, September 9, 2008

LONDON...here I come!

My hands are shaking with excitement as I write this...but...as of about 5pm this afternoon, I am officially going on a 5 day trip to London next March! The Story: My sister-in-law Rachel called Travis this afternoon while we were at Great Harvest and asked him if we would be interested in getting round trip tickets to London from Chicago for only $230 (super sweet deal)! Travis, being the diligent student that he is (knowing that he would be in school those days), said that he couldn't go, but would ask me if I wanted to. So, a minute after hanging up the phone, he waved me over (as I was working at the counter) and, with excitement in his voice, presented me the offer. It took me about 5 seconds to think it over and respond "Tell Rachel yes!" And bada bing bada boom, even completing the transaction over the phone, I was booked for the same flight as Rachel, her husband Brandon, and my sister-in-law Cassie and her husband Mark. It's disappointing that Travis won't be able to come, especially as it's his brothers and sisters who are going, but he just can't afford to take that much time off of school.
Wow! I can't believe this is really happening! Only a few weeks ago I was "planning" a trip to England that Travis and I could maybe make one day when our kids were old enough/out of the house. A trip together might still have to wait until then, but luckily for me, it is a reality now. I'm so grateful for my sweet, supportive husband who is excited for this opportunity for me (and who I will miss terribly while I'm there, wishing he was sharing the experience with me). Rest assured, I will take lots of pictures for him and bring him home some sweet souvenirs!
For now, I'm busy and excitedly making tentative plans and looking forward to the time when all of our plans are set and I am boarding the plane to Chicago! Only 6 months to go!

1 comment:

Leanna said...

Hurray hurray that is so exciting! I sure do hope you do well with all of the travelling when you're pregnant, though. I would love to be able to go back and visit London one day. We'll have to talk before the trip, so I can tell you all the cool places to go. =D