Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pregnancy Update

Ta-da! Here we are in week 7 1/2 of the Jenny Holloway pregnancy. This week brings our baby to the size of a blueberry (so cute!). New developments include our blueberry's (as we now sometimes affectionately call him/her) mouth and tongue, as well as little leg and arm buds (which you can see in our "virtual baby"--It's so exciting to look at the "virtual baby" and see arms and legs sprouting from our little tadpole, and realize that a baby is actually forming!).
As for Jenny (mom), things are feeling more and more pregnant! Morning sickness has turned into all day sickness (bluh!--let's just say that food no longer feels like Jenny's friend). We're hoping that the doctor can give us some ideas for relief, as going to school and work is hard to do when you feel like you have a continuous flu! And speaking of the doctor, Jenny is planning on calling today to make an appointment for sometime in the next week or so--we'll let you know how it goes (and hopefully get to post pictures!).

We'd like to give a personal shout out to Mindi for calling and sharing her thoughts for nausea relief--thank you thank you! It was so nice talking to you! And tell y'all that we'd love to hear any remedies that y'all have from the rest of you! (We're desperate for ideas!) Thanks!

6 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

I am a totally bad source for this advice...I ate any and EVERY carb available. And I made sure to only eat things that I knew wouldn't taste as bad coming back up. Word to the wise...tomato soup is definitely not as good coming back up as it is going down. :)

Good luck! We are so excited for you!

The Martins said...

That is so cute that your baby is the size of a blueberry! The thing that helped me with nausea the most was to eat mini meals. Then you can eat more often and you're always semi-full but not too full. Good luck!

Cassie and Mark said...

The family pharmacist is currently unavailable, but I will get back to you soon! I took my prenatals right before bed because they made me sick, and I also used little wrist bands made for motion sickness, but they worked great for pregnancy too! Good luck! It's worth it!

Tressa said...

Gingersnaps
Ginger ale
Eating saltines while still in bed about 20 minutes before you actually get out of bed
I actually found that a little bit of caffeine actually helped me a TON. So, I would just buy a 20 oz Dr Pepper once a week and take little sips of it when I was feeling awful. The 20 oz bottle would usually last me several days to the entire week.

jmholloway said...

I am sorry if my suggestions aren't working. I am with Rachel, carbs were not exactly appealing when I was pregnant. Eating is important, because an empty stomach vomit is worse than just about anything you could eat. Although, I did throw-up an apple and the little chunks got stuck in my throat on the way back up and that made it all the worse. Sorry to be so graphic. I hope that everything gets better soon.

Mindi :)

Unknown said...

im so excited for you guys i think that saltines and die coke works the best
congrats