Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sorry London, But I Have to Stay

After 24 hours of experiencing a huge range of feelings, a little backtracking, and two confusing phone calls, I am now no longer going to London. Reality had sunk in and anxious feelings had arose for my other travel buddies, and after they told me that they had pulled out of the deal, I decided that I should too. This decision DID however take a little longer than 5 seconds, because I WAS really excited, and I BADLY wanted to go, but...after mulling it over for a few minutes during breakfast (with Travis' full support for my decision either way), and feeling like it was the right thing to do, I made a call to the travel agency and cancelled. Am I a little bummed? Yes. But, I've already been able to find several reasons why this will be for the best:

1. I get to spend that week with Travis now. =)
2. We now have more money to spend on baby supplies and school interviews, and
3. Now when we go to Europe, we get to experience it together (the ideal way).


So, for now I'll just keep planning our dream vacation to Europe, knowing that someday we'll get to go, and that when we do, it'll be the best trip ever!

4 comments:

jmholloway said...

I am truly sorry that you guys aren't getting to go now. But, like you said, there are many good things that can come from this too. Have fun finding baby stuff. We love you guys and hope everything goes well for you, Travis, and the baby.

Mindi :)

Rachel Holloway said...

Trust me...I am BUMMED too...really bummed.

But look at all the good things you found with NOT going.

And trust me also that I WILL find us an awesome deal to go later. Promise!

Doug and Mallena said...

Hi Jenny,

My name is Mallena, I am a friend of Rachel's. She is always saying she wants people who stop by to leave a comment, so I was hoping you may feel the same, if not, sorry if I'm frightening you! :) I happened across your blog a long time ago, I just wasn't brave enough to type a "Hello".

I noticed that Rachel mentioned you were going with them to London, and then they weren't going to London, so I was curious what your side of the story was. I was saddened to hear that none of you will be going, but ELATED when I noticed your post about being pregnant again. I think the last post I read was when your first pregnancy didn't work out. My heart was broken for you, but I'm soooo excited that you have this new little life growing inside you. I don't know you personally, but I can feel your sweet spirit through your posts. Congratulations and I hope everything goes well.

Mallena Ricks

P.S. If you're a little freaked by this message, you can verify with Rachel that I'm not a complete nut job. By the way, I'm originally from Rexburg and I'm jealous you are going to school in my hometown. We're returning this winter for my husband to start rotations. Yahoo!

Doug and Mallena said...

My husband Doug and Rachel knew each other in high school. I think they even went out once. :) Doug met Brandon while working at Melaleuca. I didn't get to know them until they came to Philadelphia for Brandon's interview. I fell in love with Rachel immediately. We've been friends since---so about a year. :)