Saturday, September 13, 2008

Pregnancy Update

I am now six weeks pregnant! This week brings our baby to a full 1/4 inch long, with developments happening in its face in the form of eye dots, a nose bump, ear indentations, and little jaws, cheeks, and a chin. Other places in its body are forming too, including the kidneys, liver, and lungs. Plus, its little heart is still pumping strong! We love reading along in our "What to Expect" book as the pregnancy goes on, and realizing that this amazing little being inside of me is continuing to grow and develop into a little person. =)
We still won't be going to the doctor for another two weeks or so, but so far, our baby seems to be doing good! This we can kind of derive from the fact that I am feeling very pregnant! I'm exhausted and ready for bed between 6 and 8pm every night, nauseus in the morning and throughout the day (I threw up this morning for the first time...not something I hope to repeat), am constantly hungry, and have an elevated body temperature. Although I really do want to savor every moment of this pregnancy, I also kind of can't wait until the first trimester is over and my body is feeling a little more back to normal! Still, I am so grateful that my symptoms aren't worse, and that I can pretty much get along as usual (blessings, blessings, blessings!). Well, this completes our baby update for this week. Tune in later for more!

3 comments:

The Martins said...

Jenny! I am so excited for you! Pregnancy is such a wonderful adventure. You definitely have all the pregnancy symptoms - going to bed at 6 or 8, and being hungry and nauseous! Are you having any funny cravings? With Lincoln I craved tomatoes and banana ice cream (not together). Keep posting - it's so fun to hear how you're doing. I hope you feel better with the nausea thing - hang in there!

Cassie and Mark said...

I'm glad to hear that you are doing well and having pregnancy symptoms. Although it's not fun to feel yucky it was comforting for me to feel pregnant before I could feel our babies. We're coming to visit this weekend and would love to see you two!

jmholloway said...

I am so happy for you two. Looking beyond all the symptoms, pregnancy is so exciting. Just knowing that there is a baby growing inside you and it already depends on you. Bonding with the baby so early. It is such a special time. I am happy for you.

Mindi :)