Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Week 8 Update

I am now 2/3 of the way through my first trimester! Wahoo! Updates on our baby for this week: it is now the size of a large raspberry (don't you love how we're working our way through the produce section?!), and is developing further in it's back and limbs. And look, just LOOK at our simulated baby! Notice, if you will, its long limbs, its rounded back, and its cute little face! It's actually starting to look like a real baby! Sometimes I go to our blog just to look at it...

Well, updates on mom (me): I officially have my first Dr.'s appointment!!! It's scheduled for Friday morning, and I can't wait! (The only frustration is that I found out that I need to reapply for Medicaid, so I have to scramble to get all of my paperwork together, and then find a time to get over there before Friday. Question for those of you who have done this before: will Medicaid back date, so that they can cover this first Dr.'s appointment? Boy I hope so, cuz I don't want to wait a day longer to get to the Dr.!) In other news, I have found out that soda crackers and 7up are my new best friends (the only things that really seem to calm my stomach). The only problem I have now is finding out what ELSE I can eat during the day that will also settle nicely!

In other news: We are now about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way through this semester of school (WAHOO to that)! And...drum roll please...Travis submitted his application for Podiatry School in Cleveland, OH and Glendale, AZ today! Yea Trav! I'm so proud of you!
Check back for more updates on his application and the pregnancy!

P.S. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions to help me with morning sickness! I love you!

6 comments:

Leanna said...

No worries--medicaid does back date. They had to do the same thing for us. =D Hope everything goes well at the appointment!

Rachel Holloway said...

Um...I was getting worried you guys had dropped off the face of the earth!

And WHAT SCHOOLS did Trav apply for!? This is all such news to us!

jmholloway said...

I am so glad you have found something that will settle your stomach. You are leagues beyond me there. Pretty soon you will be able to eat anything you want and you will want it all. Pace yourself, it is pretty bad when the doctor tells you to lose weight in between visits.

Mindi :)

Bart and Shantyl Stears said...

Yeah, the baby is getting bigger! wha whoo!!!!! the baby simulater is so cute. ;)

Richard and McKenna said...

Yay! Glad to hear that everything is going good! :) Haha I almost forgot...we are going out of town for general conference too! Well, maybe next week we can get together! Some time soon though! Have a GREAT general conference weekend!

Doug and Mallena said...

Hi! This is Rachel's friend again. I happened across your blog again and thought I'd add my two cents. I ate ginger snaps and that helped, I've also heard that red hots, or atomic fire balls are good too. One warning, if you really like something before you're pregnant, don't eat it while you're sick. I've ruined many a snack or favorite food item that way. I'll never be able to look at Chex Party Mix the same way again. :) Good luck! I hope you start feeling better soon. What doctor are you going to? My mom is a nurse at one of the clinics in town.