Sunday, April 6, 2014

Bunk Beds!

Travis made some cinnamon rolls this morning in honor of General Conference. As we were eating them, Grace announced "Do you know, my tongue loves sometime food" (meaning snacks, treats, etc.). I giggled inside, thinking "how true that is--for all of us!" :)

Travis finished setting up the girls' bunk beds after breakfast, and when Bethany came in and saw it, she excitedly climbed on her bed, tucked herself in and said "I like it! I like it!" It made me so happy.

Grace was sitting next to me on the couch this afternoon when she pointed to my glasses and said "I wish I could have glasses like that. I wish I could be mommy." It was so sweet.

Bethany wanted to look at the pictures I had taken on my camera. As we were looking at them, she saw a picture I had taken of her earlier laying in her new bed, and commented "I really cute." LOL!

After we did bedtime stuff tonight, we told Grace that she needed to go potty now since she wouldn't be able to get down once we tucked her in (she's comfortable climbing up to the top bunk but too scared to climb down the ladder yet). As she walked to the bathroom, she asked "Is that why you go the bunk beds?" (meaning...so I wouldn't get out of bed?) Trav and I just busted up laughing, then Trav replied "No, that's not why we got them...but that is a definite perk." She is SO clever! And she looked so happy and proud being up on the top bunk tonight.

Both the girls did so well tonight with the bunk beds! We kept overhearing Grace reminding Bethany of the rules ;), and Bethany only came out of the room once (and out of her bed a handful of times). So proud of our big girls!

Today's Pictures:
After a week, the bunk beds are finally finished and up! It's been a labor of love, but we're loving them!


The girls were so excited!

 
All snuggled in after saying "I like it!"
 
 
Grace looked so proud tonight being a big girl sleeping on the top bunk. It melted my heart.
 

Grace coloring during General Conference. The girls really did a good job being reverent (considering), and we were proud of them for it.

Our sweet Kaylee and Cambree are 3 months old today! They are getting so big! They're holding their arms up lots now, standing really well with support, getting better and better at tummy time, and smiling more and more (especially when we talk and sing to them). They're also sleeping better at night, waking only 1-2 times, and are napping for shorter periods during the day (1 hour naps instead of the former 2, which I have to admit is a sad day, as much as I love to be with them ;)). We sure love our sweet babies!

 
Big sisters love their babies big time!

All 4 girls!

And to all a good night: 

No comments: