Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter 2014

Easter 2014
 
Our four beautiful girls, all dressed up in their Easter best for Church.
It was fun to plan out their outfits. :) I love my sweet Grace's smile. And the babies love to scratch their faces when they wake up (sillies!). :)

(You can't really see it in this picture, but Cambree's blue dress has little white bunnies on it--so cute and Easter-y!)

The best shot we got :)
 
 On the way home from Church, we listened to some of the most recent General Conference talks in the car. As Elder Bednar's talk came on, his words about how Christ has first gone through everything we have or will go through in this life--every pain, sickness, trial, frustration, etc.--really hit me. I've heard this truth before, but somehow hearing that He has gone through it first really struck a chord with me. He's been there. He knows how my life feels. It's so comforting to know that there is One who always truly understands us.
After Church, we went for a little walk around the neighborhood. It was perfect Spring weather!
Then, after our walk, we took a short nap then dyed Easter eggs. This was the Grace and Bethany's first egg-dying experience, and they had a lot of fun!


 
The girls' finished products:

After the egg fun, we all made our traditional Resurrection rolls. It was so meaningful to talk with the girls about the true meaning of Easter (Christ's death and Resurrection: how Jesus' friends put oils (butter) and spices (sugar and cinnamon) on His body, then laid him in the tomb to rest, and how 3 days later He was resurrected and His body was gone (the marshmallow disappeared)) as we made the rolls. Making them is one of our favorite Easter traditions. And this year they were especially yummy!


Then we had a few egg hunts around the house, with Travis and my dad taking turns with Grace at hiding and finding the eggs. They had a great time!

Grace and Bethany got these necklaces in their Easter basket and have had so much fun wearing them around their necks or on their head as a headband. I love my little flower children! ;)
 
And we finished the evening with a yummy Easter dinner (butternut squash lasagna rolls, homemade garlic bread, resurrection rolls, and salad).
 
This Easter, I'm so grateful for my Savior, and that because of Him and His atoning sacrifice, death, and resurrection, I can live with Him and my sweet family (that I love so much) forever.
 Happy Easter!
 

No comments: