Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Poppy's not here!

Grace had just left her room this morning, when I heard Bethany call from her crib "Grace, I wanna play wit you! Grace I wanna play wit you!"

Grace was talking about how much she loved our babies and how she wanted (me to have) more babies, then she said "When I'm a mommy, I'll get babies, and I'm going to name them Kaylee and little Cambree."

Since the girls woke me up before I got a chance to read my scriptures, I invited Grace to read them with me. After reading a scripture about how Jesus was resurrected and lives again, Grace said "But I don't see Him!" I replied that we need to have faith to see Him. Then she meekly responded, "But we have faith!" I then went on to retell her the story of the brother of Jared, to which she said "I remember this!" It was such a tender moment.

This morning, I was showing Grace pictures of a couple of the bedding sets I was considering buying her and Bethany. Pointing at one of them, I told her that one of them had poppies on it. Excited to hear my dad's nickname, she said "Poppy!" Bethany, hearing our conversation, immediately started informing us "Poppys not here! Poppys not here!" Taking a minute for  us to understand, she came right over to us, and putting her arm out, explained again "See? Poppy's (grandpa is) not here!" It was so funny!

Just before that, Grace had been sitting on my lap, and we kept saying back in forth "I love you so so much." It melted my heart.

A few minutes later, noticing that Bethany had taken a few of the kitchen things that she had been playing with, Grace asked her "Bethany, can you give a pan to me please?" After a pause, Bethany replied "OooooK."

After breakfast, Grace went over to Bethany and give her a hug. After they were done hugging, Bethany said "I yuv you." It was too sweet!

Today's Pictures:
Grace and Bethany rediscovered these pom poms we got a few years ago and had so much fun playing with them!


Kaylee showing off her guns ;)

No comments: