Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pretty girl

This morning, I took Grace and Bethany to the store to shop for a present for Grace's friend for his birthday party tonight. Before we went in to the store I asked them "How do we need to act when we're in the store?" Grace responded "We need to stay close to mom." "That's right" I said, then added "And not run." Then she added "And not ask for any toys." I chuckled, because although that last one has never been a rule, it is true that we frequently remind them when we're in a store that we're not buying any toys.

We were watching Dinosaur Train before dinner when the beginning theme song came on. Getting in to it, I loudly sang the final words of the song. Turning to me and giving me "a look", Bethany stuck out her hand, as if to say "Just...stop mom." I couldn't help but laugh.

Early this evening, I asked Grace if I could do her hair up in a special way for her friends birthday party. She agreed and was excited to see her hair in the mirror after I was done. When she looked at her reflection, she said "I look beautiful!" Smiling, I told her "You always look beautiful." After smiling at herself a moment longer, she turned and ran toward me, and giving me a hug, said "Thank you." It was such a sweet moment.

I made Kaylee laugh and laugh today by kissing her tummy over and over. It was so cute. I forgot to write it yesterday, but Trav also made her laugh last night by tickling her under her chin (a ticklish spot for both her and Cambree.)

Exciting news: big girl Cambree rolled on to her side today!

Today's Pictures:
Kaylee babe:

Our pretty Grace girl:

No comments: