Tuesday, January 26, 2016

30 Day Challenge: Day 16

Yesterday afternoon, I had listened to both "Yielding Our Hearts to God" and "What Lack I Yet?" from this last General Conference in the car as I was running errands. Both talks suggested asking God to let us know how we can improve, so I decided to make that my question for this morning:
Question: What can I do to improve?

Answer: Index: Abinadi

My interpretation:
To boldly share the gospel with family and others, as Abinadi did. He was commanded to prophesy of Christ's salvation and Atonement, of Christ as our Redeemer, of the Resurrection and judgment, and to teach the commandments.
The Index also spoke of Abinadi being protected by the Spirit, which I interpreted as God promising to bless me with His Spirit to know who I can share the gospel with and what I can say.
This was interesting, since yesterday, in the Friend, I had read the kids an article (from President Eyring) which counseled us to pray daily to be led to someone who is prepared to receive the Gospel, and I knew then that that was something I wanted to make a goal of doing.
I also realized that one of my previous daily questions--about how I could help Bethany feel loved and secure--also talked about me testifying of the Gospel plan to her, so I believe today's answer includes that as well.
While listening to "What lack I yet?" today, a quote stuck out to me, and I felt prompted to include it in the enrichment lesson I was giving tonight. I realized after the lesson that the quote had prompted me to also bear my testimony of Christ's Atonement, plan, and willingness to help us, just as the answer I had received this morning had counseled! It was neat to see how quickly God had given me an opportunity to obey His will, just as He did on the day that He counseled me to testify of God's plan to Bethany.

Another answer came through the voice of another presenter at tonight's Enrichment: show more love to your children. This was the answer the presenter had received, and when I examined my heart, it was something I needed to do as well.

No comments: