Sunday, January 31, 2016

30 Day Challenge: Day 21

Question: How can I better make the Sabbath a delight?
Answer: 3 Nephi 4:9-10

Interpretation:
*"Because of their joy" = by looking forward to the Sabbath with joyful anticipation (which I am able to do when I am worthy and prepared for the Sacrament and my lesson, see below).
*"Fear their God" = by letting my actions on Sunday be a "sign unto God" of my love for and obedience to Him.
*"They were prepared" = by being physically and spiritually prepared each week (including having my singing time lesson prepared early in the week and reviewed on Saturday night, so I don't need to review it Sunday morning and can instead spend the time before church in scripture study or spending time with my family. Also, repenting nightly so I am spiritually ready and worthy to partake of the sacrament. And having already read the lesson for Relief Society and being ready to participate (as I have made it a goal this year to do).)
*"Fear their God and supplicate Him for protection...in the strength of the Lord they did receive Him" = not fearing my performance in my calling, but trusting in God to help and strengthen me and to make me successful (as I am prepared, knowing I am striving to do His will, so He will bless me).

Verses 31 and 33 were also previous highlighted and also spoke of :
*joyfully recognizing God's goodness and expressing gratitude to Him = by thanking Him for His help with my lessons each week, as well as for my other many blessings, and
*repentance = by being prepared physically and spiritually, and
*humility = by being teachable, and having an open heart, to learn and feel the Spirit at church.

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

I had a similar thought process this morning--so it's fun to read your thoughts!