Tuesday, January 19, 2016

30 Day Challenge: Day 9

Inspired by Tia's prompting the other day to spend more time praying specifically for my family members, their needs, and how to serve them, I asked this question this morning:
Question: How can I better serve Bethany (and help her feel secure)?

Answer: Index: "Plain" and "Plan" and Mosiah 27:33-37

Interpretation:
From "Plain"--"Glad tidings are made known in plain terms."
From "Plan"-- "God made plan of redemption known unto man."
So, to speak to her plainly and often about the Plan of Salvation.

Not exactly sure how to go about this, I prayed again for further instruction and was guided to Mosiah 27:33-37.
"Impart consolation"=show greater empathy towards her.
"Confirm faith"= bear testimony to her of God's plan, His reality, and gospel truths often.
"Exhort her to keep the commandments"
"Strive to repair injuries"=forgive her and ask for her forgiveness. Commit to really pay attention to her and to listen with my full attention, as well as spend more time with her and cuddle her more often (which were things I recognized last night that she was giving signals of needing more of yesterday).
Testify of and explain the scriptures to her--helping bring her to the knowledge of the truth and of God.
It was interesting to me that v.37 again mentioned "declaring glad tidings of good" as the Index had.

Then a little while later I experienced a tender mercy. I was reading to Grace and Bethany from the Book of Mormon stories (as we do each morning over breakfast), and I read exactly the page that recounts Mosiah 27--God was handing me a sweet opportunity to bear testimony of God's plan and of the importance of keeping the commandments to them, as He had just counseled me to do. I then asked Bethany for her forgiveness and have made the effort to give her more quality time and attention today. I am grateful for the counsel I received and am hopeful that it will help Bethany feel more love and security.

No comments: