Monday, January 18, 2016

30 Day Challenge: Day 8

Question: Should we rent or buy a house in Amarillo?

Answer: Rent. 3 Nephi 27: 7,9,10,13

Interpretation:
I had prayed to know if renting was the right choice, since it seemed to make the most sense (give us a chance to get to better know the area, have more time and money in a few years to find the perfect house, etc. even though there is a house we really like for sale that would give us a much cheaper mortgage).
After opening a couple times to conflicting answers, I said a desperate prayer that Heavenly Father would let me know His will, being willing to choose either path. I then felt prompted to read 3 Ne 27:10, which spoke of being built upon His gospel (acting in accordance to His will. To me, it was saying, if this is the answer, then God will tell me, and He did in v.9&13). Then I read around it at the other previously highlighted verses. Verse 7 speaks of doing whatever we should do in Christ's name and calling upon Heavenly Father. Verse 9 again speaks upon calling upon (praying to) Heavenly Father, that He will answer, and says that we ARE built upon His gospel (His answer is His will). And verse 13 speaks of giving us His gospel (answer), and of Christ doing the will of the Father (Again, that this answer IS God's will).
After I finished studying this, I began reading in my personal daily study, and there in Acts 22:10, it also spoke of going and doing what we are appointed to do.
3 Nephi 12:19-20, also from my daily reading, mirrored my experience in wrestling for my answer today. I had to repent of my lack of faith (in God to lead me to the right answer) and express gratitude for His goodness in answering my "30 day challenge prayers each day," then humbly come to Him in prayer, pleading that He would give me His answer and being willing to act, before I could receive my answer.

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

Love these beautiful faith promoting shares! Thank you for being so open.

I didn't figure out, though, what your answer is! Did you decide to try to buy?