Saturday, March 15, 2014

Dancing for Joy

Today after lunch, Bethany came into the living room to confess that she'd spilled her orange juice. Seeing the spill, I growled in frustration (since it was the second juice spill for her that day), then came back into the living room (complaining about her as I walked) to get a wipe. Meekly, Bethany grabbed a wipe too, then ran into the kitchen in front of me and began wiping up the mess. As she cleaned, she quietly said, "I sorry I spill." My heart broke, and I immediately felt terrible for complaining about her mess. My sweet, helpful Bethany baby.

Yesterday, Grace and I were reading "Oh the Places You'll Go", when we got to the part "You'll see things that'll scare you right out of your pants." Teasing, I said "Grace, can you imagine being so scared that your pants fly right off?!" Humored and amazed, she giggled, then added "They'd fly right off and...up into Kaylee's nose!" Laughing, I continued the silly scene, saying "Yes! One pant leg into each nostril!" and we both started laughing again. My silly, creative Grace girl.

When I was giving Kaylee a bath tonight, I started singing "Rubber Duckie" and she burst into the biggest smile. Then a few minutes later, when Travis was holding Cambree and she gripped his shoulders, hugging him, and he said "Oh! Hugs!" Kaylee smiled again. It was so sweet!

Tonight after reading Book of Mormon stories, Grace asked Travis "Can I read (more) in bed?" Travis replied, "Yea, that'd be fine!" And Grace exclaimed "Yay!" Then jumping around the room said, "I'm going to dance for joy!" It was so cute.

Today's pictures:
Kaylee just started to really like the swing today.

She was smiling lots!

Grace and Bethany have just started getting into making beds on the floor. Here they're all snuggled up, watching a movie. Remember how I said Grace loves to wear a beanie? ;)
 
I couldn't resist capturing a picture of Bethany's gorgeous curls, all splayed out. So pretty!

Having fun rocking in the chair together:

Back time:

Kaylee posing for a pic after her bath. What is it about sleepers that just makes them so cute on kids?!

The girls love to have Travis give them "foot rides." I remember loving having my dad do the same to me when I was a girl. :)


 

No comments: